**PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION BEFORE PURCHASING!**
You are purchasing a sublimation transfer print of the above design (NOT A SHIRT). This is ready to be heat pressed onto a polyester shirt for a lasting smooth image. These designs last many many washes and look and feel great. You must use a LIGHT colored fabric shirt with at least 50% (preferably 100%) polyester, and a heat press to transfer the dye into the shirt fabric. Sublimations do not work on dark color shirts or 100% cotton.
SUBLIMATION TRANSFER BASICS:
Transfer must be used on a shirt that is at least 50% polyester, but a 100% is preferable. A 50% polyester item will give you a vintage/faded look. The shirt/fabric must be a light colored fabric. NO BLACK fabric. It will not show up!
Sublimation transfers do not print white. If there is any white in the the image it will become the color of the shirt you put the transfer on. The colors on the listing may differ from colors on transfer.
You will need a heat press to use this transfer.
CHOOSING A SIZE:
Size is measured by the widest part of the design. Not all designs are exact squares.
- Infant/ toddler size recommendation: 6-8" wide/tall max
- Child/youth size recommendation: 9" wide/tall max
- Adult size recommendation: 11-12" wide/tall max
- Standard pocket: 3.5" wide/tall max
- Koozie: 3"
- Mug: 4" (design comes twice on the paper for both sides of the mug)
These are just suggestions and sizing is based on your personal preference of how big you want the design on the shirt.
General instructions are as follows but adjustments may need to be made depending on your specific heat press and its abilities.
- Set temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Set timer to 45-55 seconds.
- Set Pressure at medium.
- Put parchment or butcher paper inside the garment to ensure the ink does not bleed through the shirt to the back.
- Do not reuse this same paper, discard.
- Place transfer face down on garment.
- Press at 400 degrees F for 45-55 seconds with medium pressure.
- Remove paper immediately and peel hot.